The purpose of Most Modest’s Internet Minimum Advertised Price (IMAP) Policy is to protect Most Modest’s products as a recognized supplier of high quality accessories, power and lighting products. Advertising and promotion of Most Modest products below the brand’s IMAP is not consistent with this goal. Advertised prices below IMAP harm the consumer’s perception of our products and limit Most Modest’s ability to compete through various distribution channels in the highly competitive office and residential light fixture marketplace. For these reasons, Most Modest has adopted this policy about advertising prices for our products, and all dealers placing orders after the effective date of any IMAP agree not to advertise Most Modest’s products for less than 60% of the list price (equivalent to a 40% discount off list price) published on the Most Modest and LightCorp websites.
“Advertise” as used in this policy means:
- Publishing price using any off-site media, including but not limited to print, broadcast, and online electronic media;
- Any statement or publication which can be reasonable read to imply that the price of any Most Modest product is below the IMAP of that product as shown in the most current price list.
- Publishing price on in-store materials;
- Publishing price that a prospective customer may be quoted in response to “Call for Pricing” or “Add to Cart” prompts;
- Actual resale prices of all Most Modest products;
- Pricing of products discontinued by Most Modest, so long as such products are identified as “discontinued” in any off-site media, including but not limited to print, broadcast, and online electronic media.
- Demand of proof of compliance
- Termination of all the dealer’s pending orders
- Ceased shipments until Most Modest is assured of IMAP compliance
- Restriction or elimination of cooperative advertising contributions
- Refusal of future orders
- Loss of account status
This policy is instituted by Most Modest independently and may not be construed as a contract or agreement with any dealer. Most Modest reserves the right to modify this policy or terminate this policy at any time. This policy is “non-negotiable”, meaning that Most Modest will not discuss any conditions or alterations to the policy with any dealer. Compliance is an individual business decision of each dealer. The policy will be enforced by Most Modest and no Most Modest employee or sales representative is authorized to discuss, modify, interpret or grant exceptions to this policy with any dealer. Most Modest also reserves the right to update, modify or terminate IMAP policy at its discretion at any time.